Sunday, February 12, 2012

Brandy Ball Cookies

This is a recipe that I sometimes make for my dad.  I have changed it up a little bit, as I cannot help myself!   This is a no-bake recipe that is easy in a blender or food processor.  I don’t own a food processor, as I truly enjoy cutting/chopping and don’t believe that I’d use it enough.  Knowing me, I’ll probably buy one some day and go on and on about how great it is!  :-)  The original recipe called for Nilla Wafers.  I use Ginger Snaps.  You could also use chocolate wafers.  
2 cups crushed ginger snap cookies.  You can use any hard, dry cookies.  :-)
1 cup finely chopped pecans.
2 tbsp. light corn syrup.
2 tbsp. cocoa powder.  Think quality.  I got mine at Penzey’s.
2 tbsp. instant coffee. This is optional, but gives it a dark chocolate taste.
1/2 cup brandy, rum, or liqueur.  
1 cup powdered sugar plus more to roll the cookies in, if desired.
Mix all ingredients in a bowl (or the kitchenaide mixer).  Roll in to bite size balls.  Roll in powdered sugar.   Refrigerate.
These are even better after they’ve been refrigerated.  They can also be frozen.

1 comment:

  1. these used to be my favorite christmas cookie! the only downside is they are very messy to make.

    ReplyDelete